PDA

View Full Version : Turbo sounds like its boosting at idle

CVSVO666
04-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Hey every one, I just got my 1984 Svo running after she had been hibernating for over 15 years, when the car idles and when I rev it up a bit to drive the turbo sounds especially loud almost as if it's spooling, boost gauge works but reads no boost, untill u step on it. Is that just how the turbo sounds? ( running 3" stinger down pipe only for now) thank you for any replies I'm very new to working on the Svo and will be posting many more questions, if ur curiouse to what it sounds like I have bids posted on my face book. (Clayton Lanphere)

NotBud
04-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Hard to say if what you're hearing is normal or not - you may need to move the keyboard closer to the car.

The turbo's are spinning in the 20,000 RPM range at idle so its' normal for them to be audible - but to what extend and how well trained your ears are, that we cannot easily determine via keyboard.

Ypu could try getting video with sound, but some sounds are very difficult to record.

CVSVO666
04-12-2012, 12:27 PM
No need to be a smart *** bro, I put my name on the post for a reason, I said check my fb so u can listen to it if u want. I have boosted cars before that's why I'm asking, it sounds louder than any other boosted car I have had. And I figured out why it's louder. Next time it would be appreciated if u weren't being a smart ***

NotBud
04-12-2012, 04:55 PM
No need to be a smart *** bro, You're the only one adding any attitude here.

CVSVO666
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
I just didn't appreciate the key board remark, I'm well aware of the fact u can't hear the car lol

bigbsvo
04-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Mike, what on earth were you thinking? Keyboards don't have Microphones!

Lol

I honestly did not see any wrong doing on his part nor any rudeness when I read it.

BRSSVO
04-16-2012, 06:54 PM
The non water cooled ones make alot more noise. If yours is an early non water turbo that might be why.