PDA

View Full Version : lower control arms

keith84svo
12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I just came across fronts lower control arms with 80k miles for $40.00. With these LCA, new konis and and eibach springs with my 84 svo be almost to factory specs? Do I need camber plates?

keith84svo
12-06-2011, 12:10 PM
sorry guys. They came off a 98 cobra

keith84svo
12-06-2011, 03:10 PM
come on guys respond?

becools
12-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Alright, so the control arms should be just fine, even the ball joints may be alright, depending on how much they have been abused. I Would suggest getting good bushings where the control arms attach to the k member. Now about the konis.. If you order the koni reds, made for the svo, then you will not have to change your caster camber plates. But if you want to upgrade to the sports or even the more expensive ones, you have to get caster camber plates. Did the control arms come with spindles? You may have to get new front hubs as well, which are about $130 for the good brand on ebay. But other than those few things i do not think there is anything else. Wait on second thought, you may need ball joint spacers depending on the year of spindles you have. But i have some and only paid like 5 dollars for them. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.