PDA

View Full Version : 84 turbo replacement.

MIGISMALLS
10-14-2011, 02:37 AM
I was wondering what would be a good Turbo to go with to replace mine? My Turbo just went out and when I took it to get checked they told me that it was in really bad shape couldn't even be rebuilt anymore. I been hearing to go with a T3 T4, but I just want to see what you guys think. Don't really have the money to go crazy so something wallet friendly would be great lol. My buddy told me he had a Godspeed Turbo laying around. But I heard them Chinese turbos don't last at all, but then he says he's had his on busy car for over a year pushing almost 500hp on 21lbs on his supra. Thank you for your advice in advance.

Oh, and is it possible to get a external wastegate Turbo and just put our internal wastegate on it instead of buying a new header with external wastegate application?

Thanks again.

dsgmach007
11-18-2011, 03:36 AM
Lots of options if you dont want to stay stock.

If you still have your turbo you should try Charlie @evergreen he can rebuild anything and has lots of extra parts for a rebuild. Cost you the price of mailing it to him to see if he can repair it. Might be cheaper than buying new stuff. Also you can check local junkyards for a turbo off a tbird or merkur.

If you want to upgrade for more HP it would be better to change the header and go with the external wastegate.

Keep us posted.