PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows question ????

dwgray
06-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Hello fellow SVO enthusiasts !! I've been focusing on getting the body/paintompleted on my 84 SVO, soooooooooo, now on to making the rest of it work. But first and foremost, I wish to thank Mark Haas and the other Mark (sorry) for their consistent support and guidance.
So here's the question. Car sat for 14 years, so that may have a lot to do with it, but,,,,,,,my power windows don't work. They did once or three times but that was about it. Swapped fuses with matching power lock and no go. Neither switch on drivers door operates a window. Single switch on passenger door does not work either. Soooooo.......any hints/tips ?? Thanks all. Doug in Phoenix 114 degrees today!

Kendal Coker
06-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Take out the power window motor, take it apart and clean it up and sand the contacts. Usually they will work again..

TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas
06-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks Really Funny ! My cars don't have power windows. Kendal can help with that !
Mark

dwgray
06-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Kendal/Mark, I appreciate the replies. Kendal, I'll do just as suggested. Really appreciate the advice. Mark, I genuinely do wish mine had manual windows AND locks............but sometimes one takes what one gets, and since mine came with them I'm going to make them work. I need to cuz driving it home from the body/paint shop in 100+ degree heat, WITH THE WINDOWS UP, is not the kind of "sauna" I enjoy!! Thanks Gents !!!