PDA

View Full Version : Insterment Cluster Gauges

Jeff84
05-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey guys on my 84 mustang svo all of the gauges are erratic and donít read correctly. Iím assuming it may have something to do with the instrument voltage regulator but Iím unsure. Has anyone run into this before or know where I could start? Also it seems like the oil and coolant gauges are in sync when one moves the other is exactly or close to the same position. Any help would be appreciated!

Kendal Coker
05-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you are on the right track with the instrument voltage regulator.

Jeff84
05-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Just tested the IVR and it pulse's like its supose to. I also forgot to mention that when I disconnect the coolant temp sensor the engine dies and the vehicle will not start unless it is pluged in is this normal?

Kendal Coker
05-05-2011, 05:00 AM
When crazy things happen sometimes it is the ignition switch. I have had them fall apart while replacing it.. (Not the key part)

Raven855
05-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Check your ignition switch like Kendal says. I would also check the ground from the battery to the engine, at the back of the engine and under the battery.

Jeff84
05-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Welp I figured my problem out and dont I feel dumb. I recently did a 95 Amp 3G swap and was using instructions that were incorrect but found the correct one and everything is working excellent! thanks for all your help!