PDA

View Full Version : Joe P Manual Boost Controller.

85svoguy
04-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I have an install question, i know it's pretty straight forward, disconnect lines from wastegate actuator, connect them to the new one. But am i supposed to be plugging the old holes up that go to the actuator, or can i just leave them? I noticed no matter which way i turn the MBC it stats at 10lbs of boost.

tonyteb
04-22-2011, 07:18 PM
you should only have one actuator are you talking about the bcs

85svoguy
04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
you should only have one actuator are you talking about the bcs

Yes sorry that one. I'm just not quite sure how to correctly install the part. When i ordered it off of forced4 they didn't send me an instruction booklet. Just the MBC.

86svo9l
04-23-2011, 05:16 AM
I have the same boost controller as you. Basically to get you started in the right direction I included a pic. Just left of my turbo you will see I have a vacuum line running from the wastegate straight to the side plug on the mbc, then the bottom vacuum line runs to the vacuum connection on the turbo outlet. I had to go to a local hardware store and spend $3 on a single outlet vacuum connection for the turbo, I had issues with boost control while just trying to plug the second connection. Also with this MBC to get you on track if it is screwed way out, you will want to hold it near your ear and listen for the ball inside moving and slowly turn it in until you do not hear it move any more, that will have it set at the lowest boost setting, then screw in 1/4 turn increments from there to your desired boost level.
http://mustangsvo.org/svoforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=680&d=1299565981

85svoguy
04-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Does it matter that I have an 84 Svo? When I made my screen name I didn't know I had an 84. Would the install be any different or would it be the same? I'm goin to home depot today and would like this thing to get working correctly.

86svo9l
04-23-2011, 08:33 AM
No difference. The engine in mine came from a wrecked 84 so I can assure you there will be no issue with hooking up the MBC.

85svoguy
04-23-2011, 09:19 AM
No difference. The engine in mine came from a wrecked 84 so I can assure you there will be no issue with hooking up the MBC.

Ok sweet i took a look at my engine bay and i know how you hooked it up now. I just need to get that fitting. Can i get it from home depot? im not exactly sure what the part is called though.

Edit: I see which part i need, the single outlet vacuum hose. I see where there's two hoses on my stock setup, and that fitting eliminates one hose correct?

85svoguy
04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
I also need the size if you remember it. I only have one car so i can't take the part off and match it up :/

85svoguy
04-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I installed it according to your engine pic and it worked! Thanks for your help i set it at 14 lbs. Feels nice now

86svo9l
04-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Glad to hear you got her up and going!

85svoguy
04-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Glad to hear you got her up and going!

Thanks! I also did a cosmetic mod! I will post it elsewhere