PDA

View Full Version : heater core lines

thurobred1320
12-27-2010, 04:07 PM
hey guys, new to the forum and looking for some good information. my svo was a hack job to say the least. i fixed most of the stuff but im a v8 ford guy. this is my first 2.3. and im having trouble finding how to run my heater core lines becuase i want to run a restrictor.

on other sites some people say the feed line is off the water pump and others say its off the nipple from the thermostat housing. i cant find a straight answer. the water line off the water pump gets hot first but its so close to the manifold im wondering if its getting its heat from there. the way i have it set up now im not getting any heat and im worried i have the restrictor in the wrong side can i please get some info on this

thank you

blueboss
12-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Try this.

8T6 SVO
01-09-2011, 09:34 PM
What year car do you have?

That picture is for 84-85 cars. The 85.5-86 cars are a little different.

NotBud
01-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Cold coolant from the radiator via the lower rad hose, to the water pump inlet. That [relatively] cold coolant is pumped into the block rearwards, then upwards through the head and forward to the thermostat housing, then through the upper rad hose to the top of the radiator.

Cold coolant TO the turbo comes out the rear, lower portion of the block (above the starter motor) and exits the turbo to the tube/hose that goes to thermostat bypass tube that runs between the heater core and thermostat housing.