PDA

View Full Version : Need exhaust for my '85 svo ???'s

camncars
08-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I have a bone stock '85 and it has a hole in the muffler and in the exhaust tip. I'm looking for either a stock replacment muffler and tip or thinking about going to the '86 dual setup. Anyone have pics/ideas on what to get or where to get exhaust, I may even consider an aftermarket setup but leaning more on keeping it stock. If I go to the '86 duals, what is needed for a conversion. Pics/any help. thanks!!
I am new and uneducated in the 'SVO' Mustangs.

Ford Builder
08-03-2010, 06:38 AM
A good jobber should get you fixed up. Walker makes great set up , they offer plain or stainless tip. front to back.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
If you swap to duals, you may have to relocate/eliminate the stock rail fuel pump if yours still has it.

Like Ford Builder stated, any decent shop should be able to assist in going to a dual set-up. You'll basically put a Y-pipe (WALKER Part # 43982) after the cat and run it to two sets of mufflers and tail pipes of your choice. You'll also need hangers and isolators for the pass side.

camncars
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
If I stay w/the stock single exhaust, does anyone know where/how much for a replacment dual tip that is after the muffler, mine is rusted.??

Anyone know part numbers or how much for the dual kit?
thanks!!

camncars
08-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Ok,I've decided to stay with the stock single exhaust setup. Anyone know part numbers for a muffler, tailpipe, and dual tip? Best/cheapest place to get all of the above?? thanks

Mr. Pink
08-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Check with a local exhaust shop, auto parts store (a quality one like NAPA), or search the internet.....you need to do the leg work to figure out the best place/price for you. Do you want stainless or aluminumized?

Mufflers are your biggest option here....Dynomax, Brola, Magna Flow, etc. You can change the overall sound and some of the performance depending on what muffler you choose.

You'll have to search for the tailpipe. I believe there is a replacement/after-market one out there, but I don't know the quality. Search Craigslist, E-Bay, other Mustang & Turbo Ford websites.

blueboss
08-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Stinger has a replacement dual tip pipe he makes. Can't attest to the fit/finish, but it's out there.

Mark86SVO
08-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Check out www.mustangsunlimited.com, that is where I purchased my replacement Mufflers, Tail Pipies (Stainless) and the clamps, isolators,hangers.

Orrin B
10-25-2010, 12:03 AM
not sure on the exact price. a shop nearby quoted about 400 for the custom setup, but this sounds GREAT! this is what i plan to get for mine:eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR0LsL2cP<wbr>BY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR0LsL2cPBY)

SVOBrad
10-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Have a new chrome splitter tip I bought for my '84 but went with 3" exhaust all the way thru. If interested will send a pic.

IhearttheStang
11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I have a bone stock '85 and it has a hole in the muffler and in the exhaust tip. I'm looking for either a stock replacment muffler and tip or thinking about going to the '86 dual setup. Anyone have pics/ideas on what to get or where to get exhaust, I may even consider an aftermarket setup but leaning more on keeping it hid headlights (http://electronicfiend.com/hid-kits/) stock. If I go to the '86 duals, what is needed for a conversion. Pics/any help. thanks!!
I am new and uneducated in the 'SVO' Mustangs.

When you do it do a stainless tip. I think they look a lot better IMO.

pur pony
11-24-2010, 05:49 AM
i dont have pics but I had a custom y made and ran 2 chamber flowmasters on my 84. Sounded pretty cool and looked great with the stainless steel duals!