PDA

View Full Version : Ford Motor Company has not forgotten SVO

KevinK
06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
It appears the Ford Motor Company has not forgotten SVO. At least they think there is still some money to be made on them.

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=01534862370111114100831 048298120090311&store_id=1&dept_id=1137&product_id=6994 (http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=01534862370111114100831 048298120090311&store_id=1&dept_id=1137&product_id=6994)

Mark86SVO
06-25-2010, 08:36 PM
That is awesome, I will have to order one.

blueboss
06-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Very expensive piece of paper to tell me what I already know. :rolleyes:

Mark86SVO
06-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Might be a little pricey, I don't care. I ordered my Sunday.

Ford Builder
06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Money well spent I think am going get one for sure.

KevinK
06-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes it is a bit of money for a piece of paper. If you needed it to find out you had an SVO, then it's too late anyway. I think they should have done it for free to the original owners. To some, this is another piece to add to the collection. And to think I didn't order mine yet.

TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas
06-30-2010, 06:21 AM
The recent inclusion of the SVO into the certificate program came from the effort of many (just like the SVO in 1982) that showed an interest!

Prior programs for the SVT products, Ford GT and the SHO club produced "interaction with the clubs" , growth of marketing database and justification of Ford Racing (club) budget within FoMoCo. If not for John Clor's effort -there would be no program!

Working backward from the fee - it is a money losing effort three steps back in the process!
Shipping,
Packing,
Assembling personalized package,
HAND SIGNED
Printing
DATA ACCESS,
Fee processing
Order entry
Vin conformation
Website point of sales/800 # phone bank (uplink/training)

It really puts the $60.00 for a reprinted window sticker into perspective
(Or a $300 Elite Marti report for a 1969 Mustang)

As Kevin put it - IT IS ANOTHER ITEM to put with your car, collection or documents !! (Like the ads, mag pages, Ford flyers and sales documents)

The best thing about the effort is the information from Ford's records CORRECTED from the "assumed" correct files from years ago! While they all work off the Ford supplied numbers - check and rechecks of DSO's sales , option codes and even VIN specific "double checks" (> 50) insure these numbers are correct. (Such "changes" to what we all believed to be correct, will change everyones interest in the SVO , or at least continue discussion BASED on having a certificate, showing and talking about it)

DISCLAIMER: I feel every honored to have been one of the many involved with this project ! While not paid (NOR HAVE WE GOTTEN ANY CERTIFICATE)
many SVO owners helped Ford.

Mark

blueboss
06-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Thank you Mark for showing my foot the proper way to my mouth. :D Had I known this was an enthusiast driven endeavor, I would have readjusted my attitude sooner. That being said, I agree, this is another document to place with the vehicle's "toolbox" as it were.

TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas
07-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Oh it's Ford Driven (pun intended) !!!

BUT, they involved many owners checked and rechecked production numbers, anomalies and "cleaned up" what was done 15 years ago.

Corporate Ford is like an onion (in both budget and interaction). Getting the funds was only half the battle, getting the computer time was just as hard!
The assumption is that SALES (or at least future contact with enthusiasts) will justify the time/money.

I'm just glad they haven't excluded the SVO from their heritage.
Mark

NotBud
07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
It really puts the $60.00 for a reprinted window sticker into perspective Where do we get reprinted window stickers?

Ken P
07-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Mark,

I want to say Thanks :D for your efforts in this new program. I also appreciate you bringing me in on it even if I only played a very small part.

Paperwork like this, as well as any other documentation like build sheets etc., become a value added item when an owner is trying to sell an SVO. It's just another cost that is absorbed into the whole but can make a potential buyer feel they are buying something special.

Also the data shown on the sample certificate matches the data in the SVOCA registry for an 85.5 1E. Although there aren't any entries for it...

:rolleyes:

TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas
07-01-2010, 03:09 PM
I really wish this was being discussed ALL OVER THE SVO world - but if the word gets out , and we can feel better about a discount (even if it brings so to another forum) so be it.

It is the interest in the cars that will keep them in collector status moving forward. SVO people really do "love their cars". And the future buyer is apt to be the same way.

Mark
P.S. Marti Auto Works now reprints the window stickers for the SVO's (Kendal has bought one maybe he can post it)

rtking
07-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for getting Ford to make this available for the SVO! I'll have to get one for sure.

In terms of Marti Auto Works, I was not able to get a window sticker (not available for a 1984 Mustang with the 170 ci engine), but I was able to order and get the original order sheet for my car. What a treat! I had always wondered where it was first sold and why my car was optioned the way it was. (Power door locks, manual windows.) Now I know for sure that it was ordered that way!

8T6 SVO
07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Her is the window sticker Mark is talking of -

Kendal Coker
07-30-2010, 05:10 AM
I really wish this was being discussed ALL OVER THE SVO world - but if the word gets out , and we can feel better about a discount (even if it brings so to another forum) so be it.

It is the interest in the cars that will keep them in collector status moving forward. SVO people really do "love their cars". And the future buyer is apt to be the same way.

Mark
P.S. Marti Auto Works now reprints the window stickers for the SVO's (Kendal has bought one maybe he can post it)

Mine is a Marti (eminger report) like the ones posted above.

84turbotony
08-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I can make yall one fo half the pice Ill even put a seal on it fo you, lol

8T6 SVO
08-22-2010, 11:26 AM
These are original documents that where made with the car back in the day - anyone can make one of these - but original is original.

Kendal Coker
08-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I can make yall one fo half the pice Ill even put a seal on it fo you, lol

I will send you a vin number and see what you can come up with. I woud be happy to give you half of what I spent on the eminger report.

Ken P
08-23-2010, 08:45 AM
These are original documents that where made with the car back in the day - anyone can make one of these - but original is original.

There are also the small, but significant, markings that make some of these factory invoices VIN specific based on outside issues.

I recently bought four of them and only one has a Dearborn issued Ford Security release stamp. Two of the invoices are for my 85.5s which were built 26 apart from each other. One is a 7/31/85 and the other is 8/1/85. One was transported by rail and the other went by truck since it went to a local dealership and was a dealer special order.

The invoice is stamped because there was a truckers / car haulers strike going at the time. Since it left the plant by truck and not by rail car Ford Security apparently had to sign off ( date & time stamp ) for its release across the picket line(s).

I suppose somebody could make a copy but it might not be historically correct / complete. You would have had to have purchased an SVO at this time frame and then remember that there was even truckers strike going on. Then figure out some way to make up the authentic looking Ford Security release stamp...

...and then know exactly where the stamp should go on the invoice.

There is also a perforation stamp similar to the old computer punch out cards of that time. I haven't quite figured it out what it says yet.

84turbotony
08-28-2010, 02:07 AM
wow that was a joke, lol means laugh out loud like haha like j/k whick also means just kidding, a joke not serious sorry I led yall to thinking I am going to commit forgery

Ken P
08-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Yes I understood you were joking. You did however bring up a valid point that there are people who will glom onto the works of others offering a comparable product at a lower price.

That was why I quoted 8T6 and then gave my experience.

Just adding to the discussion.