PDA

View Full Version : Window Channel: Replace without removing glass?

Horsewidower
05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I was a little over zealous and pulled the window channel out, without realizing that it went damn near to the bottom of the door. I really need to replace this tomorrow morning so that I can take the Lovely Donna out for Mother's day brunch, can it be done without removing the door glass?

I was having a great day repainting the door trim and removing the nasty rusted gray paint around the windows and then went, ah oh!!:cool:

Kendal Coker
05-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Take the door panel off. At the front of the door there are two 7/16 bolts that hold the door chanel in the door. Take the two bolts out and roll the window down. Start putting the channel run in from the top rear square corner. Work you way around to the bottom of the front and all the way on the rear. Roll the window back up and put the weather strip in the channel of the one in the door you took the bolts out of. Line it back up and put the bolts back in. Roll the window down and push it up aganst the glass and tighten the bolts up. Put the door panel back on and you are done. Hope this helps. Kendal

Horsewidower
05-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks a bunch, I'll run out and give it a try.

Bob

Horsewidower
05-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Boy did that make it easy, thanks Kendal.