PDA

View Full Version : Will these bullitts fit on my 84 svo?

84svobrian
08-27-2013, 02:10 PM
They are the 17s off an 06
front: 225-45-17
rear: 255-40-17

I know the rims will fit, but will the tires be okay?

mrzw70
08-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Is your svo a slapper bar car or does it use quad shocks? Thinking they should fit at worst you might have to roll rear fenders.
I seem to remember someone running 275's on the rear but they may have been running a different rear axle or different offset wheels.
Quad shocks take up a little room. Take all this with a grain of salt, even different tires that are supposed to be the same size will be wider or narrower by brand, not a lot but some.

84svobrian
08-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Is your svo a slapper bar car or does it use quad shocks? Thinking they should fit at worst you might have to roll rear fenders.
I seem to remember someone running 275's on the rear but they may have been running a different rear axle or different offset wheels.
Quad shocks take up a little room. Take all this with a grain of salt, even different tires that are supposed to be the same size will be wider or narrower by brand, not a lot but some.

My car has the slapper bars, and yes on the way home with the old wheels and tires loaded down in the back it did rub a little bit. The shocks are original koni adjustables. Would the cheap non-adjustable kyb shocks from oreillysauto work for the back?

mrzw70
08-28-2013, 04:02 PM
They will work if they are specific to fox mustangs, keep you konis though as they are rebuildable.
They could also add to the resale value for certain buyers.

84svobrian
08-28-2013, 04:26 PM
They will work if they are specific to fox mustangs, keep you konis though as they are rebuildable.
They could also add to the resale value for certain buyers.

Right, but right now I'm just trying to drive the car. it's tearing the tire apart when it rubs.

mrzw70
08-28-2013, 05:30 PM
So get some 1/4" or thinner wheel spacers. How much room do you need? You can try the cheap shocks but I'm not sure they will make a difference.
I saw the car in another post, looks good.

84svobrian
08-28-2013, 05:56 PM
So get some 1/4" or thinner wheel spacers. How much room do you need? You can try the cheap shocks but I'm not sure they will make a difference.
I saw the car in another post, looks good.
Thanks man. It's on the very outside of the tire though

mrzw70
08-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Can't tell for sure from the pic, kind of dark. Is that the outside edge of the tire? Is it rubbingthe fnder lip? If so you can roll the fender with a wood baseball bat (YouTube should have a how to) or you could buy a dedicated rolling tool through eastwood or other companies. If it is rubbing on something else try to I.D. it anr I'm sure someone on here will have some ideas.