PDA

View Full Version : Please resist the urge to hold back

kjohnson1
07-24-2013, 01:35 AM
Information from a fellow friendly American who happens to be a Mustang enthusiast. I know it's tempting. I removed the SVO gas tank, external fuel pump and filter. In it's place I put a 1995 Mustang gas tank, Fuel filter bracket with new 1995 model year fuel filter, in tank fuel pump and fuel sending unit. I modified all the fuel lines to work with the new setup. The one piece of information I need is the 'black braided' wire that needs to go to a chassis ground. I've got the connector at the tank which is a 4-prong. Then I have a two wire connection where the fuel pump was powered.

kjohnson1
07-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Information from a fellow friendly American who happens to be a Mustang enthusiast. I know it's tempting. I removed the SVO gas tank, external fuel pump and filter. In it's place I put a 1995 Mustang gas tank, Fuel filter bracket with new 1995 model year fuel filter, in tank fuel pump and fuel sending unit. I modified all the fuel lines to work with the new setup. The one piece of information I need is the 'black braided' wire that needs to go to a chassis ground. I've got the connector at the tank which is a 4-prong. Then I have a two wire connection where the fuel pump was powered. Or 37 people can just choose not to answer at all. I suppose that meets the requirements.

Kendal Coker
07-27-2013, 06:25 PM
I dont know about the wiring but I do know the sending unit will not work. You must use a sending unit from a fuel injected 84-86 to work properly.

kjohnson1
07-27-2013, 08:36 PM
I dont know about the wiring but I do know the sending unit will not work. You must use a sending unit from a fuel injected 84-86 to work properly. Thanks Kendal. I had read something about that too. After drudging through people's theories and uneducated guesses, I concluded that the two wires going to the sending unit needed to be switched around. As soon as I get the filler neck back from being refinished (rust was inside the tube) I'll button it up and see what the result is. I will then come back to this forum and update the masses as to my findings.

Kendal Coker
07-31-2013, 06:21 AM
Switching the wires will not work. The resistance on the board is different. There is an thread on Four eyed pride one how to make a tempo one work.

kjohnson1
07-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Switching the wires will not work. The resistance on the board is different. There is an thread on Four eyed pride one how to make a tempo one work.

Thank you for the info. I thought that the resistance on the fuel card would be the only issue. Luckily I just picked up a 1993 Ford Tempo for $290 at auction yesterday. Your information is timely and appreciated.