PDA

View Full Version : Anybody do a clutch lately?

scenario
05-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Need to replace my clutch on my 1986 SVO.

I want a replacement for my stock setup. Nothing fancy just a decent clutch. I been out of the loop for many years and dont know one brand from the other.

I did notice that there are different size disks list for the same application. For example clutch kits listed for SVO's some have 8-1/2 some have 8-7/8 and some are listed as 9-1/4????

Hate to buy the wrong one. My clutch is original and I would prefer to buy the clutch in advance and have it ready when I pull the unit. If anyone could give me a part number for a clutch kit it would be greatly appreciated.

NotBud
05-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Get a stock replacement 9.0 or 9.25" disc (both will fot all sVOs flywheel without any mods), associated pressure plate and a real Ford T/O bearing. Might also change the needle-style pilot bearing while you're in there.

MAPSVO
06-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I bought a stock set on Ebay for the last two cars, work fine, just driven normal, not pushed. I am old, just like to cruise.

Similar to what NotBud said I was not impressed with the throwout bearing that came with them and replaced that with a better quality, although not Ford bearing. So far so good.

scenario
06-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys!

I ordered an Exedy setup. I will post results after installed.